Tuesday, February 07, 2006

impossible

Six months ago today we ran through the Beijing airport to catch a flight to Nanchang. We got to our hotel and were told to go up to our rooms and unpack and be back in a conference room by 4:30. Our daughter would be there. For about 10 minutes we flew around our room making sure everything was as perfect as it could be. Then we sat for the next 45 minutes watching time stand still. By 4:30 four sets of expectant parents were drumming their fingers on a conference room table while the hotel staff tried to calm us (unsuccessfully) with green tea. 10 minutes go by. 20.
"A couple of minutes later we heard a cry coming from the lobby one floor down from where we were. My heart jumped up into my throat and then here came four beautiful little girls."
(from Rebekah's blog)
Six months ago. I spent some time tonight going back through our blog of that journey and at times it is hard to believe that is us that I'm writing about. It doesn't seem possible.
I find myself wondering sometimes what (if anything) she remembers about that other life. If Gong SuJian means anything to her anymore. Before she was with us, I couldn't imagine what life would be like with her, now I can't imagine life without her.
Six months ago we held a dream in our arms for the first time. It's still a dream, and a very good one at that.
Happy sixmonthiversary Rebekah. You are loved.
Daddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home