Monday, June 06, 2005

13 years ago

June 6, 1992 I married my best friend. I still remember every detail about the day. The singer forgetting some words, the wedding coordinator (aka the she-beast from hell) forgot to put the communion elements at the prayer bench, the ground was so wet and muddy at our outdoor reception that K had to stand on the porch and receive people like a queen (rightly so if you ask me), later that night when we opened the picnic dinner that people had packed for us from the reception food all we had was dessert - the other basket hadn't been put in the car. (no complaints there btw - that stuff was good)
What I remember most though is how clueless we were about the world we thought we were setting off to change. 13 years, 3.95 kids (almost there!), a mortgage, three churches, a thousand bumps and a million memories later it still feels like we are those kids. A little grayer (well a lot in my case), a little wiser, a little more careful but we're still launching off into new adventures with the God who made us one and laughing and loving it all the while.
I love you K. I thank God every day that our paths and lives and hearts merged 13 years ago.
Only the beginning of what I want to feel forever
Only the beginning
Only just the start

Here's to 14.
j

4 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

Okay, I'm sitting here blubbering at my computer screen. :) How sweet that is J! I used to think no one could be good enough for K, but over the years you've proved me wrong. :) Glad you guys are together....

9:37 AM  
Blogger J said...

Kami - So is this like a fairly recent revelation or have I had approval for some time? Just curious.
J

10:05 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

J, didn't mean for it to sound that way. :) I knew you were the right one for her when she said she wanted to marry you. Of course, I hadn't been around you much then so I didn't know you well, but I knew how happy you made her. I just didn't get the time around you to get to know you until later and then I enjoyed finding out first hand some of the things Kenda loves about you. Don't get me wrong J, no one is good enough for you but her either. It wasn't meant to sound one sided...you're both great.

10:51 AM  
Blogger J said...

Kam
Just to clarify -- I was kidding. But it got you to say more good things about me so all is not lost.
J

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home