Sunday, February 20, 2005

while we're on the subject...

Of church that is. I just finished reading a friend's account of going to church today for the first time in a long time. Yikes. I'm so thankful for a community of fellow dreamers who allow me to try different things and participate in and make them better. Tonight we walked through a prayer installation about fear and the things we find ourselves afraid of (stuff like exposure, isolation, risk, loss, etc.)and then talked about Jesus walking on the water in John 6 and how He was the reason they were afraid. We spent some time talking about this life that we are invited to and how it brings all of the things we are afraid of, but in the midst of it, Jesus walks with us and His love moves us past fear. Our love for Him and from Him for the world compels us to risk everything for the sake of love.

Whoops, didn't mean to get into all of that. Everything to say I am so thankful for the Jacob's Well community. I remember days when I couldn't wait to get out of church and away from all of it. Now I look forward to the two hour dinners after church as much as the gathering that brings us together so we can go and have them. (what a bad sentence).

All that to say, I thank God for my fellow journeyers from Jacob's Well. I don't say it enough so here it is.

Thank you friends.
j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home