Saturday, September 11, 2004

today, i became a man

no, not like that...

Today I bought my first serious power tool. I am the proud owner of a Skil 2.3 HP, 7-1/4" Circular Saw with 12 amps and a 45 degree bevel capacity. I have no idea what that means, but it's mine and it ripped through the countertop and doors I worked on today.
I can hear what some of you are thinking (well OK not really, don't freak out). Yes, I am the same guy who ended up in the emergency room from opening Caleb's Christmas presents with a pocketknife, but that was a long itme ago. I've grown, matured. Besides, I needed this thing. I have projects to finish. I was tired of being circular saw dependant. Now I'm free to cut at will. All I need is an outlet and a board (and an extension cord if the first two are reasonably far apart). Hear me bevel!

Special thanks go out to
MJ Bartlett (High School drama teacher) for sticking a saw in my hands and saying "figure it out" when I explained I had no idea how to work it.
Bobby Wood (Habitat for Humanity project manager in Leadville, CO) for letting me spend the week on the saw and inspiring my desire.
James Lankford who had no idea the mayhem he would unleash by giving me a Lowe's gift card.
I know, it's sad.
j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home