Friday, June 04, 2004

the things we do for love

ok. i went to my daughter's dance recital tonight. i don't know what you think of when you think dance recital (do you ever think dance recital?), but this was like my worst dance recital nightmare on steroids and acid at the same time. first, let me say that hannah was beautiful and wonderful and her dances were cute and sweet and perfect for 5 year old girls. not to mention that she was the best one and will probably be receiving a phone call from...i suddenly realized i don't know who it would be good for dancers to receive a call from, probably a good thing for me.

anyway. in spite of my daughter's wonderfulness - which should be a given - i was looking around before the event began (and event it was) and thinking about how this might be the place on earth where i am the most out-of-place. that got me wondering where else might be in contention for that honor so i am calling on you, my friends who know me well and who don't know me at all to help me think of out-of-place places for me. use the comments below to put me out-of-place. enjoy.

she really was great.
j

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At a photo session at a humphreys family reunion

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a church committee meeting deciding on new robes for the choir.

12:36 AM  
Blogger J said...

oh wow...i've been in that one.(the robes thing) not pretty.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home