Friday, June 09, 2006

holiday road

Tomorrow morning we load up the family truckster and head west for Colorado. Should be an entertaining 12 hours in the car. Just a few things I can promise youwon't hear me say. . .

"Eat road grit liver lips"

"Hey, hey, easy kids. Everybody in the car. Boat leaves in two minutes... or perhaps you don't want to see the second largest ball of twine on the face of the earth, which is only four short hours away? "

"This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun."

My dad was Clark Griswald before there was a Clark Griswald. My deepest fear for this trip is that the mantle will be passed.

At least the car's not metallic pea.

Have a good week.
j

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

It's been officially one month and nine days since your last post. Get to work, dang it. I have nothing to read while I'm at work!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home