Monday, January 10, 2005

One of the byproducts of the tsunami has been a rash of discussions about the role of God in the midst of a tragedy like this and, ultimately, the sovereignty of God. Since we have the ability to view things from afar, we have to fill up the hours of radio and TV time so God (Allah, karma, Yahweh, etc.) gets to be explained / questioned / called out by all kinds of folks. I'll reserve comment right now (the bed is calling), but can I point out a couple of these conversations that have been enlightening in a lot of ways (and infuriating in a couple of ways as well)? They are worth checking out.

A transcript from Larry King Live the other night -- features an "evangelical", a catholic priest, a Buddhist monk, a rabbi, a Muslim scholar, and Deepak Chopra (whatever he is)

From NPR's morning edition today -- Interviews with leaders / scholars from 6 or 7 different faiths. The end provides some of the most interesting listening with thoughts from John Piper and a Buddhist spiritual adviser from California (I think)

Thoughts anyone? How much blame does God get for the loss of 150,000+? I think I know what I think, I'm curious to hear from others.

bed now
j

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Cody,
Donkeys don't bother me at all.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home