Monday, March 12, 2007

will it never end?!?!?

OK, some may know that I declared jihad against church marquees several years ago. I think they should all be dynamited, chopped down, run over, or otherwise destroyed. Even with that philosophy, I have been quiet in more recent days about the continued scourge of stupid things that churches put out front for the world to see. (Side note: We passed one the other day that my 8 year old daughter commented on as dumb - see, it isn't just me).
Well, I must break the silence thanks to a church that shall remain nameless except to say that it is in Norman, baptist, and owns about half of the property on Lindsay Street between I-35 and Berry. I would like to note that the following did not make me angry, it made me laugh and sad at the same time. So without further ado, I give you the ridiculous church marquee du jour. . .
If you can read this sign, you can be forgiven

Now, may I share two thoughts?
1. What does this say to the average OU student or Normanite driving past? Is there something magic about the sign that bestows forgiveness? Man if it's that easy. . .
2. If you are blind, illiterate, driving too fast, or under the age of 6 - sucks to be you.

I dream of a world where we can all be free of the marquee.
j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home